It’s been a stellar year for me, and I can’t let it end without reviewing it here.
Some of the highlights of my year are as follows:
1. I got to be in an anthology with an author I’ve known for years, and have admired since I first became published–Lora Leigh. She knows how much I love her. And if you haven’t read Nauti & Wild, what are you waiting for?
2. I also attended Lora Leigh’s Reader Appreciation Weekend (RAW) for the very first time. Lora has been trying to get me to come to RAW for years, and my schedule hasn’t been conducive to go, but this year I finally got to attend, and I had the best time ever. Honestly, if you get a chance to go to this event, please do. It’s a relaxed, fun atmosphere where readers and authors can interact. I’ve never had so much fun & can’t wait for next year!
3. I made the New York Times and the USA Today bestseller lists for the first time. It was a huge milestone in my career, and I’m oh so grateful to Lora Leigh and to all you wonderful readers for helping make that happen.
4. I wrote my first book for Harlequin’s MIRA line. Since I first started writing romance, it had been my dream to be published by Harlequin. That dream will become a reality when HEART OF A KILLER releases in 2011.
5. Though technically, my first book did release with Harlequin in 2010, through Carina Press, the digital only branch of Harlequin. Carina Press is a brand new publisher for me this year, and in fact, launched their first books this year. So if you haven’t read any of their books yet, go check them out. They have some amazing offerings. And have you all read All She Wants for Christmas?
6. I went to the Romance Writer’s of America (RWA) conference in Orlando, Florida, and made some new friends who I love dearly. Shout outs to my new bench pals Laurie, Vicki and Megan. I can’t wait to see you all next year in New York!
7. I received some of the best covers ever this year, two of which are for books releasing next year. I’m a very lucky author:
8. I was nominated for a RT BookReviews Reviewer’s Choice Award for Erotic Romance for Riding The Night. I’m so honored by this nomination, and I’m in a category with several amazing authors.
9. I published 5 books this year:
Laced With Desire
Bound, Branded & Brazen
Nauti & Wild
Riding the Night
All She Wants for Christmas
10. I wrote 4 books and 2 proposals. Three of those books were full length, one was a novella. The proposals were for my romantic suspense series. I’m really tired just thinking about all the words I wrote this year, plus all the editing I did, and I don’t do even half the word count some of my friends do.
11. And speaking of friends–Several friends kept me sane this year when things got rough and I needed someone to hold my hand or vent or whine. So extra special love to Shannon Stacey, Maya Banks, Larissa Ione, Stephanie Tyler, Lauren Dane and Angela James who are always there for me when I need them.
12. I launched a beautiful brand new website this month, thanks to the brilliance of everyone at Waxcreative Design! And I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out.
13. I’ve set up a Facebook Fan Page, so if you haven’t liked my Fan Page yet, please do so. Lots of fun stuff coming up there very soon!
Last but definitely not least–I think of what an amazing year I’ve had–what an amazing decade I’ve had. I first started seriously writing romance in 2001, and published my first book in 2003. It’s hard to believe it’s only been 7 years since I published my first book. I have to acknowledge that I wouldn’t have enjoyed this incredible 7 years without the awesome readers who bought my first books, and who continue to follow me book after book.
Authors are nothing without the readers who support them, and I am humbly, truly grateful for all of you. Thank you all so much for helping me realize my dreams.
I wish you all a happy, healthy, prosperous 2011, filled with hot romance and great books.
Stay safe out there if you’re going out to party tonight!