Writing Vacation Progress….or Lack Thereof

So as I mentioned last week, I had finished a book and turned it in, and I’m taking off until April 1st before I start another book. I was bound and determined to rest, relax, recharge the old brain batteries that had been drained after more than a year and a half of nonstop writing.

I thought I’d report in on how that was going. Uh, not so well. The damn muse apparently hasn’t figured out what the word relax means. She won’t shut down. Now I have spent a lot of time blog hopping, doing a little reading, doing a lot of watching tv, spending time with biker dude and just brainless stuff, but the muse? She’s annoying the crap out of me. She wants to dig into the next demon hunters book and I won’t let her. Not until April 1st, dammit. So what does she do to me? She’s opening old proposals, and fiddling with old, old books that we aren’t even contracted to write. WTF? She needs to leave me the hell alone for the rest of this week. I’m supposed to be recharging my batteries.

I need to feed her some Xanax or something. Send her to Tahiti. Loan her out to some writer whose own muse has fled and needs some inspiration. The bitch is killing me.

Anyone want an annoying as hell muse for a week? I don’t need her back until April 1st. She’s very persistent.

10 thoughts on “Writing Vacation Progress….or Lack Thereof

Lara says:

Send her to me, Jaci! I’ll put her right to work. Actually, she can wrestle with my own ADD muse, who keeps whispering in my ear about a new series she wants me to start thinking about… Um, let’s deal with the current one first, okay? Argh!

Michelle says:

Yep – I agree with Lara, please, please, please send her to me. My muse has been sadly lacking. In fact, I think I have been deserted all together. 😥

Charlene says:

Maybe Ezmerelda can take her out and get her drunk? :muahaha:

Shannon says:

I told you I’d send you stuff to keep your muse busy. She can write Gallagher’s book. :neener:

And Ezmerelda’s going to be more well-known than I am pretty damn quick. 😳

BevL (QB) says:

I was going to suggest you send your hyperactive muse to me for awhile. But then I realized that, since I was born without a creative writing gene, she’d probably wither and die a horrible death.
    😳

*sigh*

May says:

I’ve been there. It’s just bloody difficult not to write one day when you’ve worked soooo hard to train yourself into writing EVERY day. :hug:

I can’t sit still either. But I still have a day job to keep my muse distracted. :whip:

Maura says:

Well – she could come and hang out with my muse…. She’s already making me crazy with everything OTHER than the book I’m supposed to be writing.

:fire:

I need to get a shirt made that says “My muse has no mute button”

– Maura

I’ll be happy to take her off your hands for a few days. Mine usually scream at me then about chapter 3 go silent and I’m struggling to get through the rest. I’d be happy to have a muse that constantly talks to me.

Lara….I want to hear this story idea, dammit. Stat.

And anyone who wants my muse can have her until April 1st. I’m still ignoring her :giggle: