Thirteen Things On My Desk Right Now
1. Something to drink – it’s either coffee (in the morning), or Diet 7 Up in the afternoon/evenings. Sometimes Diet Dr Pepper if I can handle the extra caffeine. And if it’s been a really bad day, it might be Captain Morgan and Diet Coke.
2. The synopsis for the book I’m working on, Born To Be Wild
3. About 3 issues of Romantic Times magazine as well as the RWA’s Romance Writer’s Report (it always takes me forever to file these away. Plus I refer to them every now and then for re-reads)
4. Rodale’s Synonym Finder – a writer’s best friend
5. A pink pig that Angie sent me – she’s adorable and is actually a character in my book, Rescue Me, my Samhain book that Angie edited. Um, the pig is a stuffed animal, not a real pig. Just to clarify.
6. Copyedits for Wild Wicked & Wanton. I’m entering in the copyedited parts so I can create a pretty ARC.
7. A white stuffed bunny rabbit. Press it’s belly and it says ‘Some bunny loves you’. It annoys the crap out of the puppies. So of course I press it’s belly every now and then. I’m certain the pups want to eat it. I think it’s adorable.
8. A copy of Surviving Demon Island (have y’all read my book yet?)
9. My grandmother’s rosary – My little Italian grandmother died in….1973? I have her rosary that came from Italy, and it sits in this tiny little marcasite container. I remember playing with both the container and the rosary in church when I was a little girl. It conjures up very sweet memories for me and both the rosary and the little container are just gorgeous.
10. A box of Junior Mints *drools*
11. My ‘To Be Mailed’ folder. I keep a folder with printouts of contest winner name and addresses and things I need to mail out so I can centralize my ‘go to the post office’ list. But since I always seem to procrastinate about going to the post office, the list is growing.
12. Post it notes – I use them for a variety of reasons, mostly to jot things down so they don’t get lost in the great swiss cheese of my mind.
13. A crapload of junk that either needs to be filed away or pitched—aka the stuff I need to clean off my desk…but don’t
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants