Thirteen Random Things About Me
1. My name is pronounced like JC(Jaysee), not like Jackie.
2. I spoke fluent Italian as a child. I stayed with my grandparents while my parents worked full time jobs. My grandparents spoke Italian, so I learned it. Then as I got older and didn’t spend all the time with my grandparents, my mother didn’t speak it with me so I lost it. *sobs pitifully*
3. I was once a licensed private investigator. And no, it’s not as glamorous as it is on television. At least not the stuff I did. Surveillance is boring.
4. It took me twenty years to get my college degree. Kids-don’t try this at home. Go to college right out of high school. It’s a bitch and a half to do this as an adult while holding down a full time job and raising children. Oy! But I did it.
5. I grew up in Missouri but moved after I got married. I’ve lived in northern California, then Oklahoma, then northern California again, then southern California, (then divorced and remarried), now I’m back in Oklahoma. I’m NOT moving again.
6. I have two sons, age 27 and 25 (yes, I was a child bride) and a 17 year old stepdaughter.
7. I love to shop
8. I would rather wear jeans or shorts than dress up. I’m a very casual girl.
9. My favorite shoes are flip flops
10. Summer is my favorite season (Which is probably why I love flip flops)
11. I recently got a new hair cut. A different hair cut. It’s VERY short now and I LOVE it
12. I get motion sickness. Do NOT ever put me in the back seat on a road trip. Front seat I’m fine as long as I’m not trying to read or look at a map on a winding road. Back seat—forget it. I also get seasick. Copious amounts of Dramamine. Seriously. To the point of coma. I mean it. And flying never used to bother me at all—I mean for years and years and years—but the last couple flights I’ve taken I’ve nearly lost my cookies. Someone please explain that one to me.
13. I’m probably the only person on the planet who hasn’t yet read The Davinci Code. I meant to…honest. I just haven’t gotten around to it yet.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants