13 Things That Make Me Pick Up (And Buy) A Book
In no particular order of importance here
1. The cover
2. The back cover blurb
3. An excerpt that intrigues me
4. A recommendation from someone whose reading tastes are similar to mine
5. A really clever advertising campaign (have seen a few in Romantic Times magazine that were just great)
6. Word of mouth
7. Big buzz…especially in blogland
8. My mood at the time. Sometimes I want funny, sometimes I want dark. Sometimes I want reallllllly romantic.
9. The author is an autobuy for me
10. If I’ve received an ARC from an author, I will buy their book. It’s only fair (hint hint…send me ARCs)
11. The book just released is part of a series I’m reading
12. The author is one of my friends. I always support my friends
13. It’s a nonrelated-to-romance topic I’m interested in. Right now I’m into Rachael Ray’s cookbooks in a big way.
So what makes you pick up a book and buy it?
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants