We interrupt this blog to bring you…

Oklahoma’s annual ice storm.

We have no power (as well as about 400,000 other people in our area).

It’s frickin cold here without power.

My mother in law has power at her house. And she made stew today. I :heart: my mother in law.

I do not :heart: ice storms. We just had one in January :dammit:

No power means no internet 😥 I start twitching without internet :hide:

We might be without power for a day….or maybe ten days :chair:

We lost our pear trees in our front yard. All of them. :herby:

I’m online right now using my mother in law’s phone line, i.e. dialup :nocomment:

Did I mention I’m on deadline? 😥

I really hope I’m back soon.

9 thoughts on “We interrupt this blog to bring you…

Stephanie S. says:

I hope you get power back soon. It sucks to be without power. I always walk into a room and try to turn on the light. Then I feel like an idiot when I realize what I’ve done.

Darla says:

Stay safe and warm! Sorry to hear about your trees.

I’m in Emporia KS, were in the middle of the ice storm now.

My mom lost her Bradford Pear, too. :hug:

Hope your power is back on soon.

Sherry says:

Jaci,

Keep warm and safe. We are sooooo lucky we have not lost electric.

We however are losing trees right and left! With over 3 dozen pecan trees our property looks like a war zone right now. Our son and DIL had a branch come through their bedroom window Monday morning about 3:30 and Toby has had two branches poke holes in the roof of his shop.

But we still have heat, lights and water!

Melissa says:

Jaci~~ I’m sorry you lost your Pear Trees…that ice has been awful…and hope you don’t get any more freezing weather. Maybe they’ll get your power restored quickly!! (trying to be optimistic). I usually wish we’d get the cold, icy, snowy weather…but not this. It’s gorgeous but dangerous!!
    Hang in there, and stay Warm, and Safe!!

((((J)))))
    Glad YOU and family are okay and have somewhere warm to stay. Hope all comes back on for you SOON! Miss you!

Susan says:

Jaci,
    Did you see my pics of the ice storm over on my blog? sshay.wordpress.com
    I still had flowers blooming! Now they’re frozen solid.
    Most of my trees didn’t do too badly, thank goodness.
    It’s cold over here.
    Susan

catslady says:

Oh my – sounds horrible, all of it. I’m in PA and we’ve had lots of ice storms but luckily not yet this year. Sorry about those pear trees. and I’m on dialup all the time 😥