Thursday Thirteen #19

Thirteen Reasons I Admire Biker Dude

For those who don’t know, Biker Dude is my husband Charlie. :charlie:

We’ve been married for 5 years. This is a second marriage for both of us. I have two sons from my first marriage, both grown and living in another state. Charlie has a teen daughter and he shares custody with his ex. There’s a bit of background for you.

Now here are the reasons I admire him:

1. He’ll drop whatever he’s doing if any one of his family or friends need help. For as long as they need the help.

2. His unconditional love for his daughter. He’s a very tough guy who doesn’t often show his emotions, but he adores his daughter.

3. The way he treats my sons, just like they’re his own, the way he talks to them on the phone, the way he shares their triumphs and sorrows. There is no separation of family. They’re just as much his boys as they are mine. I love this about him.

4. The way he can work with his hands to build something or fix something. Raworrr, that’s so sexy!

5. He’s not a wimp. He’s not afraid of hard work, or of getting dirty or sweating or working his ass off.

6. He holds my head up when I’m sick. I mean really really sick. Bodily functions don’t faze him. You have to love a man who’ll get into the trenches with you when it’s really gross. Know what I mean?

7. He doesn’t hold a grudge. I’ve seen him fiercely angry (at me and at other people). Five minutes after it’s over, it’s over. And I mean forever. He’ll never throw something back at you a year later.

8. He’s a man of honor and integrity. He doesn’t lie. I trust him 100%. It’s an amazing feeling having a man like that in my life.

9. He fought in a war (Vietnam), doesn’t talk about it, doesn’t brag about it, doesn’t whine about it. He just did his thing and that’s it.

10. He never brags on his intelligence, which is quite impressive. He has a high IQ but never touts it publicly. (I just did :giggle:)

11. He knows math. Really really well (This probably goes with #10). Now since I suck at Math, I think anyone who can do complex formulas in their head is a freakin genius. So I admire the hell out of his ability to do what I call ‘math thingies’.

12. He has vicious tendonitis in his right arm, but he’ll gladly give me a 20 minute backrub, or massage my neck and shoulders, even though I know it hurts him.

13. He loves me unconditionally, puts up with my moodiness, crankiness, hysteria about deadlines, angsts, whining, bitching, etc etc etc about my writing career. Putting up with me is NOT easy, but he does it. And he says he loves me. Can you imagine? :heart:

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

47 thoughts on “Thursday Thirteen #19

May says:

Awww….

Please don’t tell him this, but when I saw the title, I first thought “Biker Chick? What happened to :charlie: ??

Angie says:

*sniff* awwww

I still think he’s a dumbass :giggle:

Caryle says:

Some day I hope I marry someone I adore as much as you clearly adore your hubbie. This was such a sweet list!

Angela says:

How sweet! Sounds like you found a great catch!

Joely says:

He sounds like a GREAT guy! Happy TT!

Awe. We always knew he had to be great to be with you. Maybe :charlie: should do a list about you. 😉

Great list!

Ciar Cullen says:

Ah, clone biker dude.

Annmarie McKenna says:

Aw…seems like you found Mr. Perfect!

Shannon McKelden (the other Shannon) says:

Awww! I think I’m in love, too! Don’t tell my husband. 🙂

Shannon

Amanda Young says:

Aww… what a sweet post.

Wylie Kinson says:

You just made me forget why I was pissed at my hubby!! He shares many of those qualities…. think I’ll go give him a kiss :doglick:

Darla says:

He sounds like a great guy. I have one myself, so I feel qualified to say that. 😉

Thanks for the reminder–I very nearly wrote my TT today on ways my (also really great) husband irritates the heck out of me. :nocomment:

Bianca D'Arc says:

I’ll fight Ciar for the clone! :whip:

Unless you can maybe make two???

:charlie: :charlie:

I know I’m repeating what’s been said here already but AWWWWW! No wonder you love him. :love:

Annie says:

What a fantastic catch! I hope I’m as lucky finding a great guy!
    :charlie:

Happy TT!!

scooper says:

Ooops! I’m not a TT’er today. This is a sweet post and you are a very lucky (blessed) woman.

Sydney says:

Sounds like a great guy. You went a bit deeper than I did for my TT today. :bat:

Denise says:

Good guys are hard to find. Glad you found one. I have one, too.

My TT is up.

*sniffle* How Sweet!

RG says:

That is such a wonderful list! Everybody should have a :charlie: of their very own.

biker dude says:

What the heck. Now how am I supposed to work today with my head all swelled up too big for my hat. I’m sure I’ll do something to piss her off today and she’ll deflate it for me.

Anyway, thank you babe. :love: too.

:doglick:

:charlie:

Tink says:

Such a wonderful list! Your Biker Dude sounds like the best (except for my hubby of course :giggle: ).
    Thanks for visiting my cars TT.

Aw that was the sweetest list! Your husband sounds like a true hero. :charlie:

Lauren says:

When I first signed on to EC as an author, he was one of the first to greet me and make me feel welcome. He’s a good guy!

Jordan says:

That’s great, Jaci. Sounds like you’ve found a real keeper. :heart:

Julia says:

Awwwww charlie sure is a keeper! You’re lucky to have him as am sure he is lucky to have you 🙂 Congrat on your 5 years marriage by the way 🙂

Happy T13 – and have good day!

Awwwwwww.

Ask him if he can hear my husband snickering all the way out there. :giggle:

Aw! That’s so sweet 🙂

I thought biker was plural too when I first peeked! :cheer:

:smooth: I’m going to keep posting so I can see this emoticon. LOL I LOVE IT!

Heather says:

Definitely got yourself a keeper there, Jaci! *sniff*

Jennie says:

Awww, awesome list.

Amelia Elias says:

You’re right–men who can fix, make, build things? TOTALLY sexy! Now I just need to find a guy like that of my own… :hump:

My TT’s up!

:boobie: I want biker dude!

Really loved your list, Jaci. Biker Dude sounds like a terrific guy.

Today’s my wedding anniversary (more years than the age of many of my readers! LOL) and he’s a real keeper too. It just keeps getting better. 😉

He sounds like a really great guy. You’re a lucky woman and very smart to realize what you have.

Okay, he just sounds amazing! You got yourself a good guy, cute too!

spyscribbler says:

Awwww, Biker Dude sounds awesome. Writer’s partners are really amazing, tolerant, patient, and supportive creatures. We’re so lucky!

I’m sorry I missed your contest on my TT! Happy TT!

It’s hard to find a man like that, girl. 😀 Hold on to him tight.

Awww! What a wonderful TT! We’re always talking about the things we love or hate… but I never thought about making a list about husbands. He must love how famous you made him, and he sounds like a wonderful man.

Happy TT to you!

Anni says:

i puffy heart biker dude and the pretty red haired (it is still red, right?) lady and miss you both oodles!!!!!!

:charlie: :gorgeous: :heart: :heart:

Rene says:

How sweet! I really need to do one of these for my husband…if only he wouldn’t make me mad on Wednesday nights.

Michelle says:

That’s so nice. I’m glad you have someone like that. I’m very lucky cause I do too! I read #13 and thought “yup, sounds like my dh!” :heart:

Renee says:

:heart: Sounds like a keeper!! I love & admire my hubby also..and yes it really is nice to have a true soul mate!!

Thank you all for your comments! Yes, he really is a great guy. Not perfect, of course, :giggle: but very special and I adore him.

:heart:

Kris says:

:heart:

so sweet. definitely a keeper