Fast Drafting My Way To The End of The Book

Since I have very little time to finish the book I’m writing, I’m going to Fast Draft my way to the end. Fast Draft is pure writing. No stopping, no thinking, no editing, no tweaking. Just writing as many pages as you can..the goal is about 20 pages a day, every day for 2 weeks, ideally, to get a complete draft of a book. My goal is to do as many pages a day as possible, hoepfully about 20, to get to the end of my book, because this baby is due due due like now now now!

Yesterday I did 12 pages because I had multiple errands to run. Bleh. But since I haven’t done that many pages in awhile, it was a really good start.

Anyone care to join in and start posting you own page count, feel free. I always like doing something like this in groups. And if you can’t do 20 a day, it’s fine. However many you want to set a personal goal for is good enough. I’ll chart my progress here so I can be accountable. The more the merrier, ya know. :giggle:

9 thoughts on “Fast Drafting My Way To The End of The Book

Maya says:

See in theory Im so all over this, but the no editing or tweaking just gives me hives.

But uhm, I’m definitely in on the fast drafting. I just can’t guarantee I won’t be tweaking as I go :chair:

Me too, Maya. I always edit as I write. But panic has set in and I’m in deadline hysteria. So…I’ll edit when I’m done. :giggle:

Michelle says:

Oh, I’m good with not editing as I go but 20 pages – :hide: ! I’m already trying to novella in a month with May so I will just try to commit to at least 1000 words every day. That’s a lot when you have three young kids (or at least it is for me).

1000 a day is a good target, Michelle! :cheer:

Maria Duncan says:

I’m just beginning to write a book, my target is 3000 words a day, but I’m damn sure that I’m going to fail already

uhhh… can i join in next week? Tomorrow is the bratlet’s V Day party which i volunteered to help, I have an ARC to assemble and get bound and the cleaning lady comes this week.

And I can’t do ANYTHING work related on Fridays. No matter how hard I try.

Maria – never say you’re going to fail! Positive thoughts only!

Shi – I’ll still be at it next week too. :poke:

Wax says:

/rolls up sleeves

I’m in, now that all the kiddies should be relatively healthy and back to school tomorrow *whew*

Ooh…what a cool idea! I’m just coming out of a funk with my second VAMPIRE ACADEMY book. I did about 2000 words today, and while I like to do more, that’s still more than the, um, none I’ve done the last couple days.