So I’m doing my 12 Days of Demon Island Giveaway in conjunction with my regular Thursday Thirteen Today (just so no one is confused. Much. :giggle:)
This is also for my son Matt who loves this movie as much as I do and can quote damn near every line in the movie from memory.
13 of My Favorite Lines from A Christmas Story:
1. It was the classic mother B.B. gun block: “You’ll shoot your eye out.” That deadly phrase uttered many times before by hundreds of mothers, was not surmountable by any means known to kiddom.
2. In the heat of battle, my father wove a tapestry of obscenity, that as far as we know, is still hanging in space over lake Michigan.
3. You’ll shoot your eye out.
4. You’ll shoot your eye out, kid
5. Oh my God I shot my eye out!
6. I double dog dare ya!
7. Randy lay there like a slug, his only defense
8. Over the years I got to be quite a connossieur of soap. Though my personal preference was for Lux, I found that Palmolive had a nice, piquant after-dinner flavor – heavy, but with a touch of mellow smoothness. Life Buoy, on the other hand… YECCHH!
9. It… It ’twas… soap poisoning!
10. My little brother had not eaten voluntarily in over three years.
11. Aunt Clara had for years not only perpetually labored under the delusion that I was 4 years old, but also a girl.
12. He looks like a deranged Easter Bunny
13. It’s a Major Award!
Yes, this is my absolute favorite holiday movie. What’s yours?
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants