Day 5 of the 12 Days of Demon Island

Hey y’all – The supertalented authors at Squawk Radio are giving away an ARC of Surviving Demon Island today ! So make sure you visit their blog and enter their contests!

So let’s talk about gifts today. I love shopping for gifts. Though I complain about actually having to do the shopping, when I get into it, I enjoy it so much. Finding that perfect gift for all my friends and my loved ones. It’s actually a lot of fun. And knowing that I can make them happy or surprise them with something I’ve chosen….now that I love.

The hardest person to shop for is my husband. He just doesn’t want anything, and things he does want he generally has to get for himself–like Harley parts. :cry:. Or he’ll give me a list but the stuff is….boring. Surprising him with anything is a challenge every damn year.

Do you have ‘difficult’ people to buy for? Who’s the hardest person to buy for on your Christmas list? And if so, how do you overcome it?

:holiday4:

34 thoughts on “Day 5 of the 12 Days of Demon Island

I’m knocking on wood here, but there’s nobody on the list that’s ‘difficult’ to shop for :holiday4:

Amy S. says:

I don’t really have anyone too difficult to buy for. I went Christmas shopping yesterday and found almost all I needed. Still have to get my niece the Baby Alive Doll. That one is hard to find. :xmascheers:

Scooper says:

I’m with Amy and Bonnie, no hard people to buy for. My nephews are expensive to buy for though. They only want video games, the $50 ones.

Joyce says:

My dh is extremely hard to buy for. He won’t give me any ideas and always says he doesn’t need anything. Arrrg!!!

Sherry says:

My husband wins the award for hardest to buy for.

1) either everything he wants is way to expensive …. he is so not going to wake up on Christmas morning and find that 4-Door 1 ton pickup in the driveway!

or
    2) he figures out what the gift is, no matter how careful and sneaky I am.

This year I think we may just have him stumped, as long as one of the kids doesn’t give it away. :Snowman:

Jennifer L says:

My boyfriend’s dad is my toughie this year!

Diane says:

The DH, I can’t even buy him books. He’s left a order form by the computer and it had the receipt for the book I was looking to buy him!

Diane

Zara says:

My father-in-law is absolutely the hardest to shop for. He always says he wants nothing. During the year anything he talks about wanting, he buys. He likes tools and such, but he has everything. I feel like I always get him boring gifts. Everyone else is pretty easy. My hubby and I pretty much spell it out for each other lol. I do occasionally surprise him though.

Hugs, Zara :Christmas:

little lamb lost says:

My husband is difficult for me to find presents for, as well. I think my best gift to him so far for Christmas has been a lightweight hammock that he loves to relax in during good weather.

Tammy G. says:

:Christmas: I’ve got my shopping all done. hehehehe :xmascheers:

Danny says:

I am normally a person who loves give gifts to people, but there are three people in my family, where I have a hard time to find a gift, because no matter what I get them, they don’t like it.

Cherie J says:

My nephews are the toughest to buy for. I always have to ask my sister-in-law for ideas and her response is sometimes that she does not know either so then I have to wait days for her to think of something. It’s a pain but I do enjoy buying for everyone else on my list so that makes up for it.

Maureen says:

My husband will want things for fishing that I have no idea what they are.

My husband is the hardest. I’ve found awesome gifts for him that he now doesn’t use, or, like Sherry’s husband, he figures it out ahead of time. Also, like Charlie, when he gives me a list it’s all boring stuff.

But then, my inlaws are hard, too. They have everything they want. And my brother and his wife are difficult, because they live far away and I don’t know what they have and she has very specific tastes.

Besides my kids, I’m not sure who on my list is EASY to buy for!

charlie says:

There is nothing wrong with boring (or what to you seems boring) gifts if that’s what someone wants :charlie:

My sister-in-law. I don’t know why but I always have a really hard time picking out a gift for her. It usually turns out to be lame, or something she doesn’t like. Last year I made her a blanket and that seemed to win her over. But I’m running out of time to make crafts this year. :whip:

Teri brown says:

My Father in Law. He has everything he needs and hates everything. For his birthday all the kids decided to get him something he would like to “do”. We booked him and his girlfriend a ride on the MT. Hood Scenic railroad. It’s a DINNER train. In fall, so he could see the leaves change. Then we booked them a room at the Historic Hood River Hotel. This was to make up for everyone getting him a shirt last year. Well, he hated it. Said the only thing scenic about the train ride was the backyard of scumbags. The food was horrible and it was the most poorly designed room he had ever seen.

Some people are never happy. This year, dh and I are getting him a Shari’s gift card. He likes their food cause it’s bland and cheap. He will get them from us until the end of time.
    Teri

Michelle says:

Apparently it is my oldest son this year. Everything that he wants that we’ll allow him to have (yes, see the problem?) is either too expensive or has been sold out. I don’t feel like going all over the place looking either. I was determined not to enter a store for Christmas shopping and have been trying to do it all by catalogue or online. Another problem is living in Canada some places won’t deliver here :dammit: and I’m not even in a remote location! I’m going to have to resign myself to going to the mall but with three kids (ages 7, 4 and almost 9 months) that is a nightmare in itself. :hide:

Karen S says:

This year I’m having a hard time buying a gift for my best friend. She has everything! WHEN IN DOUBT SHOE IT OUT! :holiday4:

Kelly says:

My Dad is the tough one to buy for.

So now I buy his usual requested golf shirts…and then I pick out something either outragous or nifty… :giggle:

This year it’s a rock…and I can’t wait for the phone call I’ll be getting when he opens the shipping boxes cause it’s not wrapped. It’s for his yard and it has ‘Shh Garden Sleeping’ on it with snowflakes on both sides.

He take his yard as serious as his golf game (he plays several times a week) and he goes all Griswold-y with lights and yard stuff for the holidays… :muahaha:

I will be hearing about this rock for years to come… :giggle: …he’ll take it out and put it in his yard then everyone that comes by will hear the story…yea I got a rock for Christmas…in his loud ala Charlie Brown imitation… :muahaha:

Ryan says:

I just haven’t been in the buying spirit this year for some odd reason. So I’m taking the coward’s way out this year and buying gift cards. It’s not the greatest gift but at least everyone will get what they want.

My brother and his wife. No idea what he likes and he doesn’t help when I ask.

Karen says:

I don’t have anyone too difficult. I try to make many of the gifts I give.

Kris says:

my dad is so difficult to buy for. He is not really into anything. The only thing i know that is a safe bet is food. :popcorn:

Tammy G. says:

:holiday4: Gift card everyone gets :exactly: what they want! :holiday4: No problems for me that way. :xmascheers: :Christmas:

Anne says:

:xmascheers: The most difficult person I have to buy for is my Mom. ugh. The woman has EVERYTHING. I thought of buying her this shoulder massager thingie this year, but i think I’ll go the safe route and get her a gift certificate for her favorite clothing store. She’s so darn picky when it comes to things that a GC seems the way to go. : )

Liz Denler says:

My mom cause she has everything and I don’t see her alot. So Gift Cards work for her

Pamk says:

My aunt is the most difficult to buy for. She says she’s not but lord knows mine and her tastes in most everything doesn’t match lol. And since she’s been my other mother for a lot of years well since mom passed away when I was 17 I have to make it a good present.

Lois says:

my brothers all three of them lol

Nicole says:

My list of people to buy for is extremely short (almost everyone just gets cookies), so I don’t usually have a lot of trouble. This year my brother is the toughest. He wants fishing gear, which I know nothing about. I may have to enlist help – either my uncle, or one of my brother’s friends.

I take comfort that I’m not the only one with difficult people to buy for :xmascheers:

And those of you who have it easy….I applaud you.

And I love the gift certificate or gift card idea. Who can go wrong with that? Everyone loves them. I know I do. It means more shopping. :holiday4:

KimW says:

My husband. He has everything he wants that we can afford. The rest is a little out of reach. It’s tough to find something that will surprise him. I usually end up with some kind of imported beer that he’s never tried before. lol

Billie Langston says:

When I have someone hard to shop for I usually try to get some ideas and insight from their closest friends. Otherwise I would try to find something that would support the person’s hobby or even just get them a gift card to their favorite store.

Linda says:

Hello Jaci,

I actualy don’t have a difficult time buying gifts for anyone *Knocks* in wood. There are a few times where I had asked people though to write a wish list 🙂 it does make it easier that way *G* Also gift cards are easy to buy as well *G* Just find out what stores that person mostly like or go to.

Happy :holiday4: To You All :Christmas: :xmascheers: