Thursday Thirteen #9

Thirteen Of My Favorite Comfort Foods

1. Chili

2. Stew

3. Spaghetti

4. Chicken and Dumplings

5. Cregacheck (I know it’s not spelled right but it’s a casserole my German grandma used to make and it’s just ground beef and egg noodles and stewed tomatoes and peas and I love it with all my heart because it reminds me of my childhood)

6. Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Tomato Soup

7. Pizza

8. Brownies

9. Biscuits and Gravy

10. Scrambled Eggs, Bacon and Toast

11. Bread pudding

12. Chocolate cake with chocolate icing

13. Pannetonne…Italian sweet bread

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Thursday Thirteen #9

Teri brown says:

Good, good food. I love bread pudding. With or without chocolate chips (nummy) or a carmeled brandy sauce. (More nummy) In fact, my stomach is pretty much growling right now. Thanks.
    Teri

Oooooh count me in on Bread Pudding. I haven’t had that in YEARS!

SciFiChick says:

mmm.. I’m hungry now, and I still have an hour till lunch.

I think all your favourites are my favourites too *g*. I think one of my all time favourite meals though is turkey dinner (with all the stuff that comes with it)

May says:

Spaghetti is one of my favorite comfort foods too. I think I’ll be eating a lot of it at university. LOL.

I’m drooling. Which isn’t a good thing to do at work. I love freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. I always feel gooey when I get to eat them right out of the oven.

Darla says:

Oh, yum. I’ve got extra milk in the fridge I need to use up. I think I’ll make some bread pudding–so what if I’m the only one who’ll eat it?

Erin…you’re absolutely right. I can’t believe I forgot turkey dinner! Yummm!

Scooper says:

Some days just aren’t complete without pizza and brownies.

Annie says:

Thakn goodness it’s lunch time. Your TT has me STARVING!!!

Brownies are by far my #1 comfort food!

Kate Davies says:

Okay, now I’m hungry. Is 9:53 too early for lunch?

Michelle says:

Yup, I love them all except not a big chili fan and have never had #5. I LOVE biscuits and they aren’t as popular up here as they are in the States. We usually have english muffins, which I also like, but they aren’t as comforting as a biscuit. And cornbread. I love cornbread and I wish that was more popular up here as well. I just have to make my own. I make good cornbread but my biscuits just aren’t as good as I’ve had in the US.

Hey Jaci…funny thing, I almost blogged the same Thursday Thirteen myself today! My list of comfort foods.

Weird how our minds are connected…very weird.

Renee says:

Great List–Breakfast foods are comfort foods for me too, especially if you have them for dinner. :chicken:

Caryle says:

My work computer absolutely hates WordPress, so whenever I try to comment on your blog, I can’t. :oops:

Anyway, your list had my stomach absolutely growling this afternoon. I miss the biscuits and gravy from the union at K-State. I think they were responsible for at least five of my freshman fifteen. :)

And just so you know, I bought Surviving Demon Island on Tuesday. I’m looking forward to reading it!

Jackie says:

My thirteen favorite comfort foods? Easy.

1. Chocolate
    10. Chocolate
    11. Chocolate
    12. Chocolate
    13. Chocolate

Anni says:

yum yum yum yum!

i almost swiped your idea for today. prolly next week. LOL

[img]http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Grands_Smileys/manger.gif[/img]

Hmm…I think mine are chicken enchiladas, chicken mole, shepards pie, chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream, stuffing, birria de chivo and I think that’s about it. :doglick: Mmmm yum! Comfort foods give me the warm fuzzies!